Monday, December 17, 2012

PLAYED


How come they all sing so sweet

About being trampled under a lover’s feet

That topic should be spit and screamed

Dust be flying when you leave

Outcome of this game you played

Game of our life-I believed in one day

Now spittin, scoffin, lost the faith

I’m  BACKSLIDDEN,  that  word  written,  DONE  WITH  IT

I’m  a  cynic,  ran  my  tongue  with  words  like  love  and  bit  it

Shoved  in  dirt,  I  brushed  off,  the  first  to  say  FUCK  OFF

And  I  should’ve  said  it  all  along,  all  along

Instead  of  getting  stupid  over  sweet  kisses  and  love  songs

Dead  romance,  hopeless  romantics  try to  prolong

Choose  to  cheat  and  lie  instead  of  saying  goodbye

There  was  a  time  when  I  stayed  for  the  fight

Now  I’m  not  even  down to  stay  the  night

Packed  my  bags  and  took  flight

Learned  a  lesson  or  two  to  remember  for  life

And  now  these  lines  I  write

Are  for  the  slaves  of  a  pretty  idea

That  if  you’re  in  love  it can  all  be  fixed--BULLSHIT

Maybe if I were a lot more slim, little more ignorant

Didn’t carry around notebooks and pen

Cared a lot more about how I look

Yeah if I could sew and sing and cook

Screamed all the time “this is so much fun!” and

Never disagreed with you so we wouldn’t have those run ins

About how I’m such a pessimist and a bleeding heart

Preferring conversation than brawls at the bar

Yeah I almost wrote you a letter on this page

But what the fuck would I say

You gave me closure when you needed it

You’d probably shrug and laugh and let that bitch read it.

Thought our love was over-qualified for the game

But in the end you’re the last player

And I am the played

No comments:

Post a Comment