Monday, December 17, 2012

Debate



He laughs….cynically

But it is me

Who disbelieves

Our minds convert, flirt

Wrap themselves together

 and leave the earth

 

Floating soaking sponges

Then they

Fall and are

Swiftly sinking bricks

Getting’ hot in here

One of us rubbin’ sticks

The other flicks a bic

(Yeah, we both know tricks )

 

He is ready for the test

Filled in the blank

Multiple Choice

But I took apart the slate

Now we await our grades

Our names

His in the Book of Life

Mine on a title Page

(Here continues the debate )

 

Shouting, grinning, web-spinning

Reveling in confrontation

Stomping on ideas, throwing opinions

Linguistic  traps and we

Bite one another’s lures

With only cynical laughter

To dull the sting of our words

 

The words between us are many

Unspoken time between innings

He uses the logic of a realist

To explain his irrational beliefs

And I try to separate my sense of self

But still my heart aches and bleeds and NEEDS

Why now, am I the enemy?

 

These words are all I have

Sunken bricks….

But I float

And some of them I want to

Whisper in his ear

No comments:

Post a Comment