Monday, December 17, 2012

Economic 2009


 
I  used  to drive a Silverado and pay T-Mobile with  cash-back

Now  I  cruise  Valley  Metro, talk on a Trac-Phone and pay with food-stamps

From  elated  to  deflated  just  waitin’  to  bounce   back

For  a  new  New  Deal  before  I  start  tearin’  down  flags

Or  am  I jumpin’  on  the  excuse  to  throw  up  my hands

That  aren’t  really  tied,  and  I  just  wanna  relax


Twenty-six  isn’t  shit  but  I’m  wantin’  to  retire

At least  to  a  good  ole  nine-to-fiver

Wanna be  inspired,  not  just  fucking  tired

All  just  to  get  laid  off,  fucked  off,  fired

Sick  of  sweating  and  bleeding  and  getting  burned

Then  burning  what  I  earned  and  shelving  what  I’ve  learned


Me and my first grader gotta survive  this  economy

Where’d  the  time  and  money  go  on  my  odyssey

I  never  rested  but  I  never  invested

But  there  is  hope,  did  you  get  the  text  message

They’re  handing  out  plastic  cards  again

So  we  can  dig  deeper  while  bargainin’

 
Sam’s  Choice,  Made  in  China  so  we  can  Live  Better

Pile  our  debts  in  the  paper-shedder

Cut  the  tape  on  the  Real  Estate

Stand  in  line  with  your  paper  plate

Homes are vacant, parks are full

Homeless hide in the night, follow the rules

Call  me  a  Communist,  but  don’t  make  it  sound  so  ominous

Mama  said  share  and  share  alike,  I  say   promises,  promises

No comments:

Post a Comment