Monday, December 17, 2012

Bored


I didn’t want to say this but I’m getting bored

You use less of our language more and more

More and more you repeat yourself

And your subjects couldn’t fill a corner of my shelf

It’s all about you and nothing else

We never swim to the deep end; it never fails

What we have here is a failure to communicate

Because we don’t share affinity a scientologist would say

Because we’re unequally yoked, a Christian might speculate

Opposite might attract but unlike a magnet, they pull away

It’s a waste to keep my knowledge bottled up inside

And attempt to relate without a meeting of the minds

I didn’t want to say this but I’m no longer impressed

And I’ve contributed about all I’m liable to invest

When I speak you don’t listen; You just wait for a turn

To rattle on with the same things I already heard

Your opinions are shallow because your knowledge is brief

And our conversations falter because your interest is weak

The world takes all kinds and we’re not two of the same

And to be lonely together is the end of the game

To me you are our a work day I never got home from

A boy lost in superficiality that really needs his mum

He is sitcoms and bars and played out country songs

For the little bit of action he’s a whole lot of talk

I didn’t want to say this but it’s time for me to walk

No comments:

Post a Comment