Monday, December 17, 2012

Home


 

The passion of my person

Consumes me at times

I must remind myself to breathe

Alternately I fill my mind with input

And let it wander lazily with my soul

Heart body and mind never tire even in sleep

 

Must I affirm myself in one’s love

My spirit yearns for one to accompany and adore me

An ache that accompanies the deep thrill

Of this being alone with the world before me

 

The greatest obstacle is self control

And guilt for disobedience to my own intuitions

Yet there before me is the life I can create

Surviving on the moments in between and passionate decisions

 

I see the substance of who I am in the

Laughter of my ailing, vacant mother

And the serious blue of my daddy’s tired eyes

In the energy of the desert that calls and soothes me

Her soft canyon dirt, and paloe verde branches

At night I am still the most alive

No comments:

Post a Comment