Monday, December 17, 2012

Nothing From You


 
I want a man who can handle me

Be loved by a man who’s a fan of me

Who laughs at my jokes but not through his teeth

Who gets mad at any folks who aren’t true to me

Good men are picked already if they ever grew on trees

ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?

I wasn’t thinking of you while I was writin’ this

Sit there and smile like you likin’ it

You hear the punch-line we gonna have a crisis

Your conclusion ain’t as consise as mine is

You gonna take another shot and pop a couple vicodin

Ya, this asshole’s always got a fight in him

I liked him, I tried him

I let the man consume my life n

Now he think I think about him when I’m writin…

Ain’t none of this good shit dedicated to you

Ain’t none of this good chick appreciated of you

Choke on your own words n make ‘em your truth

I WANT NOTHING FROM YOU

You didn’t love me while you was floatin’ above me

But I’m not cryin’ now like you owe me something

Said we’d build trust, implying you don’t own a ring - please

I’m a mirror, baby, look inside

Make your own wrongs right

I know I was a sucka when I loved ya

I know I was an idiot when I was stickin’ with it

But I wisened up and woke up

Opened my eyes, opened the door for you, we broke up

Say you sorry it didn’t work out—

Shit, you still won’t own up, won’t be a grown up

Won’t face the past or the facts or the truth

I WANT NOTHING FROM YOU

Just a man who can see me as an entity

Not a boy who reads me a conspiracy

I treated the drama queen like a king

Ain’t nothin’ turn me off like insecurity

You the one who wanted a girl so cute and flirty

Think you can wrap me round your finger n censor me

My tongue still works when you make my lip bleed

And I’d love to see you try n erase my ink

You spit bullshit while I tell the facts so easily

You don’t know what to do with such articulacy

You wanna race but you can’t even trace

The circles I run around you in your face

My only silly little problem is I couldn’t walk away

Kick him out n stop him, make him stay

Silly little girl rubbin’ sleep from her eyes

Silly little girl lovin’ that leach in her life

He gets no more time of day, I have no more tears to cry

There was a day when I thought I wanted someone like you

But you have nothing real to offer so

I WANT NOTHING FROM YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment