Monday, December 17, 2012

Pacify


 

 Some  might  say  my  heart  is  bleeding

Because  I  worry  about  what  my  fifth  cousins  aren’t  eating

And  all  that  bullshit  my  government  is  feeding

All  my  fellow  consumers,  eyes  glued  to  the  TV

I’m  not  believing,  I  do  too  much  reading

A  nation  divided  under  capitalists

Brainwashed  since  grade  school  history  texts

So  manipulative,  so  bigoted,  these  fascists

Outnumbering  the  shoulder-shruggers  and  the  pacifists

 Now,  I  don’t  pretend  to  comprehend  all  things  political

I  don’t  have  a  wing  or  a  party,  not  Democrat,  not  liberal

Not  an  anarchist  when  it  comes  to  national  security

Just  hate  the  way  the  government  is  obscuring  things

Always  looking  for  a  way  to  line  their  own  pockets

Only  a  tiny  percentage  reap  war’s  profits

And  the  ones  who  fight  and  die  are  not  them

They  say  Holy  War,  Human  Progress,  Just  Causes

What  the  fuck  kind  of  Greater  Good  could  justify  these  losses

We  may  not  be  blowing  civilians  to  pieces  over  a  Bible  verse

But  we’re  still  a  nation  founded  by  murders  that  led  massacres

                      of  some  of  our  species  that  lived  here  first

Now  we  got  this  Freedom  of  Speech  but  it  doesn’t  mean

Strikes,  pickets, protests  are  guaranteed  to  change  a  thing

Nonchalance  is   easy,  and  a  deaf  ear  can  be  turned for  free

Perhaps  it  is  humanity,  this  selfish  greed

But  hate  for  a  race  can’t  come  so  naturally

Still  in  my  friend’s  video  games  they  are  leading  armies

And  my  dad  don’t  want  my  daughter  playing  with  colored  dollies

And  my  boss  inserts  certain  racial  slurs  in  substitute  for  words

That  would  put  us  beyond  social  classes  and  color  lines

Yeah  we’d  join  by  the  masses  if  color-blind

If  not  pitted  against  each-other  with  money  in  mind

I’m  seeing  red  watching  all  these  white  and  blue  collars

Shrugging at genocide and putting stake in green  dollars

All  of  my  life  artificial  weather  has  been  droppin’

Humans  judged  by  the  skin  and  killed  to  fill  wall wallets.

No comments:

Post a Comment